Prince Edward County

Featured Services


Quick Links

Voter Registrar


General Registrar
Lynette Wright
124 N. Main Street, 2nd Floor
Farmville, VA 23901
434-392-3889 (fax)
Mailing Address
Voter Registrar
PO Box J
Farmville, VA 23901
Office Hours
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M-F



WHEREAS a notice in proper form has been received from the appropriate authority requesting the calling of a Primary Election for the purpose of nominating a candidate for Parties for the offices of Members of the Virginia State Senate, Members of the Virginia State House of Delegates and local contest this certificate serves to notify you of said primaries called which are attached for all localities. Should only one candidate qualify for the primary ballot in any office, then no primary for that office will be held.

Absent military and overseas citizens eligible to vote in Virginia may do so using the Federal Post Card Application to request ballots and the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot to vote in any election in which time may be insufficient to return a voted official ballot. The Virginia Department of Elections website, provides detailed instructions and links to the Federal Voting Assistance Plan for federal forms. The federal forms can be completed using automated features online. The Federal Post Card Application can be faxed or emailed as a scanned attachment to request an official ballot. However, the voted Federal Write In Absentee ballot must be witnessed and mailed to the appropriate local election official to be counted.

THEREFORE, you are, in the name of the Commonwealth and pursuant to § 24.2-517 of the Code of Virginia, ordered to cause a Primary Election to be held in your county on Tuesday, June 9, 2015, for the purpose aforesaid. You are further ordered to post a copy of this order, not later than March 2rd, on the official website of the county or city, post copies of the notice at not less than 10 public places in the county or city, or have notice of the election published at least once in a newspaper of general circulation in the county or city.

Witness the following official Signature and the Seal of the Board
at Richmond, this 25th day of February, 2015.
Gary W. Fox
Supervisor Election Administration